The Creative Haven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Please be watching your emails for updates on the website. Thank You.

You are not connected. Please login or register

An old poem I stumbled upon.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:28 am

Violet_1313

Officially Started

I once saw
A way out;
All I had to do
Was have no doubt.

Just take the pills;
That’s all there was to it.
Cry, if I must;
Anything to get through it.

I slipped them
Through my lips.
Felt them with my tongue,
And pushed them down by the tips.

Waited quietly,
For them to take their effect.
And hoping that there was no way
At all, for me to resurrect.

Now there are angels
All around me.
I don’t care
If they surround me.

“Take me away!”
They heard me cry.
“Please take me away
to that wonderful place, up in the sky.”

But not all people
Could get into this place.
Although I could see;
It had so much space!

Just through the gates
There are many a soul!
But my own
Will I alone condole.

I must leave at once.
They say.
Demons are coming to get you
There is now no use to pray.

For you had you chance;
A full fourteen years.
You never repented of anything
Not even through tears.

Alas, this is how life goes;
Until the final end.
When you finally, finally realize
This is something you cannot mend.

When you look at
The fiery gates--or at least that’s what I saw,
You don’t know where to turn
For Fate is an unbreakable law.

I scream in terror and tremble;
The demons push me on.
For now there are only those
That cheer the demons on!

I tremble again and ask,
With a quaking voice:
“Why can I not go to the pleasant place?”
But they do not give me a choice.

The fiery gates are now closed
And I am trapped forever.
For these bonds and shackles of fire
I cannot, by no means, severe.

I cry out to God in anguish
But He will no longer listen.
I can see Heaven just barely;
How everything shines and glistens!

But on my side, of fire,
Nothing will ever shine in that way.
This is the beginning of my eternal torture;
This is all I have to say.

2An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:32 am

Anna

Anna
Owner

That is so beautiful and emotional. Such vivid images in my mind did I see! Truly beautiful. Truly. <3

3An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:40 am

Violet_1313

Officially Started

This was originally inspired from bullying. The main character had originally spoken of a girl who made her loath her own life, but I cut that part out, it didn't sound very eloquent in the least.

4An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:43 am

Anna

Anna
Owner

Ah, I see. I can still see, though, where the bullying is within. The pills, suicide, and such. Very sad, yet so very moving.

5An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:52 am

Violet_1313

Officially Started

I wrote it about myself originally, but I felt it called too much attention to myself and I didn't desire unnecessary worry from others, so I made a few changes. There probably in total is three different versions.

6An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:59 am

Anna

Anna
Owner

Hmm, that's nice. I usually just write my poetry. Some, though, I end up never showing others because it's just me venting. I have one that's long (though terrible) that is themed around killing this boy I hated after things happened.

7An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:03 am

Violet_1313

Officially Started

I am the same way! I find writing helps to calm me when I am angered or sad, but I never show anyone anything.

8An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:23 am

Anna

Anna
Owner

Sometimes I'll read it to a parent to just vent to them, but that's usually about it for those.
From that event, pertaining to the poem I just told you about, I had even drawn a manga picture of me killing him. Ah, it was very relieving.

9An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:32 am

Violet_1313

Officially Started

Oh, I would never show my father anything I do. I never show anyone in real life any of my work. I fear criticism more than I should.

10An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:34 am

Anna

Anna
Owner

Exactly the same. I usually only show my parents those kinds of things because it lets me vent it in a much better way, instead of holding it inside so much.

11An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:41 am

Violet_1313

Officially Started

Ah. I don't like to share my stories with others because...frankly, they reflect me too much, I suppose one could say. There's too much information in them about the way I think. I can't explain precisely why, but I don't like sharing my thoughts too intimately with others. I don't mind poetry or sketches so much because they are small or short, but stories I prefer to keep to myself.

12An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:42 am

Anna

Anna
Owner

I understand greatly. I usually don't share my stories that are specifically serious. A lot of the time, though, I write about fantasy-love kind of things.

13An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:35 pm

Violet_1313

Officially Started

Yes, if the characters differ from my personality, I will share, but usually I insert some of my own personality into them.

14An old poem I stumbled upon. Empty Re: An old poem I stumbled upon. Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:08 am

AsHlEy WoLfE

AsHlEy WoLfE
Welcomed Among Us

Thats deep!!! Smile its good

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum